Monday, May 25, 2009

Alert the Fire Department

Time for an update. Last week I turned 45. 45!!!! How did THAT happen? I remember sitting in that stuffy 7th grade classroom at Our Lady of Mercy grammar school, staring out the window and wondering how old I would be in the year 2000.
I would be 36. DAMN, that is ancient, I thought. So what is 45?

Truth be told, I did not look forward to 45. It is the first time in my life where I went hmmmm, that is not a nice number. I psyched myself up for it by saying I was 45 months in advance, the equivalent of going in that COLD water just up to your knees. Maybe it is slightly less shocking, but there is something to be said for just jumping in and being done with it. So I'm in. I am 45 and I have decided to enjoy it. What's the alternative? I am never going to be younger than I am right now and when I am 50-something, I will look back and think 45, what a baby...ok, maybe not a baby, it's not like 36.

On the P90X front, it is Rest Week that started with Monday yoga. I did mention that the yoga in this program is no cakewalk. I get a brand new workout today. Core-something and I have a feeling about this...a feeling that is going to involve a burning mid-section and some colorful expletives.

No comments:

Post a Comment